Saturday, January 9, 2010

heroes or zombies

Reading that title reminds me that we have a choice.

We can be heroes or zombies.

There is no middle ground.

Even when I have a head cold and feel like I'm sleepwalking backwards.

I have a choice.

Hero or Zombie.

Do I want to embrace life or death?

Do I want to have meaning in my life or do I want to allow the world to put me in place?

Reading scriptures makes this clear to me.

Check out Romans 6, 1 John 3, and Isaiah 38.

These verses stand out the most for me:

"For the grave cannot praise you,
death cannot sing your praise;
those who do go down ot the pit
cannot hope for your faithfulness.
The living, the living - they praise you,
as I am doing today;
fathers tell your children
about your faithfulness." Isaiah 38:18-19

"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the live he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive in Christ." Romans 6:8-11

"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life in him. This is how we now what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us." 1 John 3:14-16

No comments: