This week, I thought I had one thing to celebrate, then I realized I had two, then three, then . . . well, I kind of sat back and felt surprised at all the amazing blessings in my life.
1. Late Spring Cleaning- not done, but at least started this week! Yay!
2. SUNSHINE with capital bright letters - and heat (not as capital for me).
3. I've walked and/or biked every day for a week.
4. My Summer Vacation Devotions book is ready to go for kindle and lulu. Official release date on Monday.
5. I decided to donate my earnings from the Summer Vacation Devotions book to Peace Rehabilitation Center in Nepal to fight human trafficking.
6. We had a great weekend last weekend at the Ted Houk Regatta in Seattle at Greenlake. (Yes, it's all one word. My apologies to grammar lovers.)
7. The sun blazed down on the races, the wind stayed quiet except for a few hours each afternoon, and several teams from Washington state and Canada competed.
A view of one of the four docks between races.
8.My oldest daughter, new to canoeing by about 8 months, made it into to two individual finals for her age group (getting 7th and 8th out of a field of 15-16 competitors for those races), and placed third in a team C2 boat (two canoers = C2).
9. My youngest daughter, kayaking for 15 months now, took third in all of her individual races in a field of 18 competitors in her age group and took either second or third in all of her team boat races (K2 and K4). She has a serious drive to win and didn't beat her own personal best so instead of celebrating, she was frustrated with her times . . . but I'm celebrating for her and trying to get her to look at the bright side. :) (Because it looks really bright to me.)
So, I had a huge amount to celebrate this week!
What about you?
Get laundry done? Go to a movie? Read a great book? See some sunshine?
What are you celebrating!