Friday, June 19, 2015
Celebrate the Small Things
1. Went to a wonderful ballet recital by Metropolitan Ballet of Tacoma - choreographed by my friend, Damaris Caughlan who is an amazing lady who celebrates literature by having her end of the year recital focused on a children's book each year. This year, The Stick, was her choice and the author generously donated some of his earnings from the sales that were made at the event to the MBT scholarship program.
2. An awesome video was posted online with drone camera footage from the Ted Houk Regatta - I highly recommend giving it a watch (it's 2 minutes):
3. My kids are canoeing and kayaking at the Bellingham Regatta tomorrow - and we're getting up at 4 a.m. to get there (I will need caffeine).
4. My niece had a fun baby shower last weekend.
5. My book, Summer Vacation Devotions, is out and earning money for Peace Rehabilitation Center in Nepal to fight human trafficking. Thank you for your support and encouragement on this project!
6. Youth Sunday last Sunday was super fun. My husband and I helped put together the youth video - "So, You Think You Can Disciple?" Please note that if you watch this, you need a sense of humor - and be okay with a girl playing the part of Jesus. It's loosely based on the gospel of Mark and we focused on filming just three sections in three Sundays after the youth scripted out film ideas for the entire gospel.
7. And we've been busy . . . and I'm still trying to exercise, write, and clean out the closets and our super overgrown garden beds . . . whew. I think I'll sleep in on Tuesday (don't ask me why Tuesday and not Monday, but that's the way it works.)