Celebrate the Small Things is a blog hop dedicated to celebrating all the good in our lives - the big and the small, the book releases and the folded laundry. Many thanks to Viklit and her fellows hosts for keeping the celebrations going from week to week!
This week, I'm celebrating:
1. Sunshine and blue skies. We've only had a sprinkle or two of rain here in Washington in the last two weeks, and I am soaking up the sun, and loving the blueness of the sky. :) (Of course, as Friday morning dawns, down comes the rain . . . oh well, it will keep the grass green!)
2. My family. They are just wonderful!
3. Slowly but steadily, turning my lumpy hobbit-ish body into a bike-riding machine. It's exercise I can do without fracturing a foot or injuring myself. (So far: \no weight loss, but muscle gained)
4. Finishing all the grading for my co-op classes!
5.My daughters only have three subjects left to finish out for the year. (Oldest: math, history-literature combo, and French) (Youngest: math, history-literature combo, and writing) At this point, we are definitely into the end sprint for finishing our curriculum, although my youngest has been shuffling through The Odyssey, and may end up finishing her history-lit combo sometime in July at this pace. (She started this curriculum late because she was jealous of her older sister doing the "challenging" stuff and didn't want to be held back with easy literature so we went with the hardest possible curriculum - crazy=us.) Next week, I'll be posting about homeschooling because it's a bit on my mind at this point in the year.
6. My oldest daughter had a great time at her formal dance! (Pic may be coming next week)
7. The "How I Found the Write Path" blogfest (letter found in post below this one) I think my letter to my younger author self may have been on the self-catharsis side of things, but I learned a few things in the process of writing it. I gained insight and encouragement from all the other participants too. I hope the result of all of our letters will be an encouragement and a help to all writers.
What are you celebrating this week? Has the summer season come to your area yet? And, if you could write a letter to your younger self, what would you say?