News Update from my life:
1. Norwegian cousins (my husband is half Norwegian) came to visit on Wednesday, from Oslo, Norway. They've been on holiday in America for a month, and we were finally able to get together with them. We had a great time. (I even came out of my introverted turtle party self and warmed up after a bit - which is a good thing, since I was the hostess. :D)
2. My only bad news: My dad has two major surgeries coming up in the next few months, and I actually wish they were scheduled sooner. He has some pre-cancerous growth in his colon that's been coming back over and over again so they are removing part of his colon. Then they traced his Neuropathy to a spot on his spinal column on his neck - there's some extra bone growth that's squeezing the main bundle of nerves and making it hard for him to walk, grasp things with his hands, and breath. It's the ability to breathe that has me the most worried. We just discovered how bad things were on Monday and Tuesday. I'm praying for healing, and a faster time table for surgeries. (they are scheduled in September and October)
3. We had an awesome vacation last month - NY state and NY city, my kids competing and learning at a big model and talent competition in the Times Square Hilton . . . one of the many things we learned - they need at youtube channel or a cd of "greatest" hits of commercials, dancing, acting in 1-2 minute clips to share with agents and managers.
They are both excited about pursuing this talent dream, and my youngest (just 12) is considering the L.A. branch of the NY Film Academy for college. Every day, I get up and my kids are super excited about "making things happen." We didn't come home with an agent or a manager (unless a few who haven't gotten back to us yet call us soon), but we came home super-informed, and they are ready for the next round of auditions (one this Saturday).
4. While in NYC, my husband met and talked to three film crews, and drooled (talked shop) over four sets of cameras (he saw a 4th camera crew but didn't get to talk to them). One of the camera crews was filming one of our favorite shows, White Collar, and when they were done with work for the day, they chatted with my husband for a few hours. It made his day, and made him look to the future (that fuzzy ten year area when the kids are done with college and we wonder what we'll be up to then).
5. I finally, finally, sat down and worked on the second draft of Champion in Flight again. I thought I would have some time on vacation (ha!), but I've only put in two days in the last month. Thankfully, one of those days was yesterday. Today I have time set aside, and I'm ready for it.
6. My 1 Word Interview Idea is a hit, and I'm excited to start! Thank you for all the responses!!!
7. Followed up our NYC vacation with a three and a half day Christian Music Concert Festival with great music, powerful speakers (message-givers), and great fun with friends.
8. I'm ready to get back to "normal" life, but I don't think my life will every fit that word. In some ways, that's good, and other moments, it's a little exhausting.
9. Almost forgot. To celebrate my birthday hobbit-style, the kindle version of Dragonfold and Other Adventures will be free the 20th and 21st at Amazon.