Many thanks to Viklit for hosting this weekly celebration of small things!
My small celebrations:
1. Getting up at least three days a week to bike ride with my hubby for 12.8 miles or more. We're planning an early morning Saturday ride too. If you read this early, I'm probably riding my bike.
2. My oldest daughter went to her very first camp away from mom. In the past, I was asked to be a last minute emergency chaperone, or we weren't able to get her the right kind of food because of her food allergies and so I ended up going with her. (Plus, I like helping out with youth group camps). So, after I cooked several meals, packed them in a cooler to go with her, and had a good conversation with the camp cook, she's finally off on a solo teen adventure!
3. I made homemade graham crackers and marshmallows . . . yum! (We'll be eating s'mores at home too.)
4. My youngest got braces and sadly decided she couldn't go to camp if she couldn't chew anything other than soup and she had pain in her mouth 24/7. The pain was intense the night before camp, and we weren't sure what to do . . . so we decided to have camp at home for her, during the best hours of the day. We went to a ceramics shop yesterday, and today we're going to a water park. Tomorrow, she's going to a birthday party. Sunday . . . well, I think we're going for a more mellow day . . . like art in the afternoon at home or something. Or maybe we'll pull out my old fencing gear and have a go. And when we eat, we stop and have soup, or bananas, or popsicles. (And she decided she could melt those marshmallows over chocolate and crumbled up graham crackers.)
5. 1,000 words yesterday of revision. It isn't where I thought I would be this week, but it's something done.
6. Planning for my co-op classes is limping along. I might be able to finish my syllabi before the deadline on the 31st without having mad crazy 24 hour last minute push. (might)
Oh, BTW, the home camp activities mirror the youth group activities (except the birthday party and the mellow day).
What are you celebrating this week?