Friday, February 8, 2013
Celebrate the Small Things (and a few big ones)
Celebrate the Small Things is an awesome weekly blog post exercise in positivity hosted by Vikki at Scribblings of an Aspiring Author. Think of anything, like: getting the laundry folded, writing a sentence or two every day, surviving a tough day, spending time on the treadmill - and then celebrate them.
I feel like I'm cheating on this celebration this week. I have huge things to celebrate - gigantic, big, enormous, exciting things.
1. I formatted my novel in three different ways, and successfully uploaded it to two different sites. I had help from my husband with two of them, but we worked together too, and I did the third on my own.
2. I learned how to use author central at amazon, learned more about smashwords, createspace, and kindle, and finally wrote four guest posts!!! (I conquered that guest post fear, and realized that I was trying too hard to be "cool" like all the "coolio" bloggers I know and decided I should just write in my comfort zone instead)
3. I have a cover. It's cool looking. There might be a few changes made to it before Monday, but I do have one!
4. My kids survived a homeschooling week while I spent too much time with my book release prep. I did remember to tear myself away from my stuff to give feedback on writing, go through some math equations, and find out that my oldest daughter wants to re-evaluate her history curriculum. She feels she isn't retaining enough of the information. So, somehow tomorrow or early next week, I'll be figuring out how to make history more meaningful.
5. Went to a high school informational night for homeschool families that included looking at different school options, including running start. I knew 95% of the info (partly because I used to be a certified public high school teacher), but my oldest daughter learned a great deal and came away enthusiastic about running start. Plus, I reconnected with some "old" homeschool buddies and "current" homeschool buddies.
6. I didn't get any decent cardio exercise this week, but I did stretch out for quite a while on Thursday and today I will ski.
7. Had an awesome guest post yesterday by L. Diane Wolf. If you haven't read it, check it out. Her new book, How to Publish and Promote Your Book Now, sounds like a treasure trove of information. I purchased a copy, and so far, well, I really wish I had read it six months ago. I highly recommend it.
What are you celebrating today?
Julie Flanders' Polar Night is out today on Kindle!!!
If you haven't yet, please sign up for the Champion in the Darkness book release party for Monday. To join the party, just sign up on the linky list and give me a simple shout out. You don't have to use all the information I'll send you if you are signed up. Quick shout outs are perfect! I'm just using a blog hop link so I know who to send information to this weekend. Plus, on Monday the rafflecopter giveaway will start.
Charity Bradford'sCharity Bradford's book The Magic Wakes is coming soon on February 19th!