Wednesday, August 3, 2022

IWSG August 2022 and a Massive Book Sale

 




The awesome co-hosts for the August 3 posting of the IWSG are Tara Tyler, Lisa Buie Collard, Loni Townsend, and Lee Lowery!

Optional Question for the month:

When you set out to write a story, do you try to be more original, or do you try to give readers what they want?

I hope to do be both original and give readers something they want. However, I have often erred on the side of original, which can be a tough sell.

I have been writing a long, long time and I love to write original ideas, but I would also love to get "read" by readers. 


As I ponder this quandary this month, I have some stuff going on behind the scenes. 

Plus, I have a birthday this month, and to celebrate, most of my eBooks are on sale at Amazon for 99 cents. If you've ever been curious about reading my books, but haven't yet, now is a good time to plunk down less than a dollar for one. 


MASSIVE BOOK SALE

These titles are all only 99 cents for Ebook for the month of August:


Liftoff into adventure with Amaya when her movie theater turns out to be a spaceship in disguise!




Champion in the Darkness, my first publication with a new cover, at only 99 cents!
Faith matters in this fantasy world - Christian Fantasy YA Adventure.




















18 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Wishing you a very happy birthday! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

That's a great way to celebrate - happy birthday month!
It's a tough balance to find - writing what makes you happy and finding readers who enjoy the same thing!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That is a massive book sale. Happy birthday! And I love the new covers for your Champion series.

Liza said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you a wonderful year!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I like writing for myself but of course want readers to like what I write.

Teresa

Nick Wilford said...

It's definitely a balance. If we go too out there we might turn readers off.

The Champion covers look great!

M.J. Fifield said...

Happy Birthday, Tyrean! Hope your sale goes well!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday! And hope you find a lot of new readers with your birthday sale.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Happy Birthday. Like you I too try to be more original that makes my books a hard sell.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Tyrean - have a wonderful and easier year. We must write and keep writing ... otherwise we'll never know ... which you're finding out. All the best - Hilary

cleemckenzie said...

Hey! Happy Birthday. I'd sing the traditional song, but you'd really find that more distressing than cheerful, so I'll just pretend. Have a great day.

Damyanti Biswas said...

Happy Birthday! May you have a fabulous year ahead :D Hope your sale goes well!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hey all,
Thank you for your kind comments and birthday wishes!

Erika Beebe said...

Me too! I have a birthday this month! When's yours? LOL Beautiful covers on all of your publications.

Diane Burton said...

Thanks for sharing your birthday with us by putting your books on sale. I've read Lift Off and Nexus. You are a great writer. Enjoy your birthday.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi Tyrean,

WOW, I never realized you had written so many books. Congrats. I agree with you. A writer has to write what they enjoy and feel, not always worry about what readers want. Like you, I TRY to strive for both. Funny though, my first publication is in a genre I never considered writing in, and my first three novels couldn't find a home... There is something said for what readers want...

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I was on a different wavelength on this question. To me, writing to please readers meant writing stories I think my readers will enjoy. But I'm thinking "to please readers" was a euphemism for writing for the market. I have a handful of loyal readers and they are the people I imagine pleasing when I write. But I'm with you on it- I would like to connect with readers in general too.

That's a great sale!

Michelle Wallace said...

Hi Tyrean!
So many books? Your writing output is amazing!
Happy Birthday month!