Thank you, Jeff and Hannah!
Jeff Chapman, who inspires me with his excellent writing and amazing tenacity in the realm of submissions and queries, nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. I'm very thankful for his blog posts and his friendship. Thank you, Jeff!
The rules for accepting this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and link to their blog.
2. Display the award logo.
3. Nominate at least 15 other blogs (more or less) and provide a link where they may be found.
4. Then, go to their blog, leave a comment to let them know they have been nominated, and where to find the information they need to accept (rules).
5. Mention three things that inspired you the most during the past few weeks.
Three things that have inspired me recently:
1. My oldest daughter's ability to generously love and help her friends in times of trials and in good times, too.
2. My youngest daughter's determination and forthrightness. When she decides to charge towards a goal, there's no stopping her.
3. Rain. Yep, I complain about it sometimes, but I like it, too. It keeps everything green and growing.
Milo James Fowler
C. Lee Mckenzie
L. Diane Wolfe
Wait, how did I get this award? See #4? I totally didn't expect it . . . but here is the sweet answer from Hannah Heath: "I’m tagging her anyway because I like her stuff." - Wowza! Thank you, Hannah!
Here are the 11 questions:
11 Random Facts (Wait, didn't I just give some of those?):
1. I drink tea and coffee with coconut milk and honey.
2. I have more than twenty allergies and intolerances - some are the swell up and die kind and some are the rashy, nasty symptom kind.
3. I'm a creative cook. (I have to be)
4. I like movies - the blow things up, action adventure, superhero, fantasy and sci-fi kind.
5. I may be a chick, but I don't like chick flicks unless it's a really good romantic comedy.
6. I dig the Bard, especially the play that must not be named. :)
7. I also like Calvin and Hobbes, Scooby Doo, and Winnie-the-Pooh.
8. I've been in a dozen or so plays and skits and I like playing either the goofy sidekick or the villain.
9. Many years ago, I played Mrs. Beaver in a musical version of Narnia - and I consider her a goofy sidekick in that production.
10. My favorite solo I sang in high school: "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega - the original, acapella version.
11. My name is pronounced like Irene but with a T at the beginning. My parents wanted it that way and wanted it spelled without two "e" letters.
Selecting 11 recipients for this award was hard for two reasons:
1. I don't check numbers on other people's blogs. In fact, I rarely check that on mine. I was surprised to learn that these blogs didn't have more followers! Truly, they deserve more.
2. I realized, with some regret, that I've been visiting bloggers that visit me, which means, I don't always visit new bloggers. So, I'm trying to branch out, now.
Jack Lewis Baillot
Madeline Mora-Summonte - she has just over 200, but she deserves more love!
Haneen I. Adam - a new blogger I just met!
Sharon M. Himsl
Aunt Mary from the Easy Way Blog
My questions for these Liebsters:
1. Have you ever visited Washington State?
2. Do you drink coffee or tea?
3. Name your favorite Winnie-the Pooh character:
4. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
5. What's your favorite kind of movie?
6. What song do you sing around the house/in the car?
7. Have you ever seen a Giant Pacific Octopus in the wild or in an aquarium?
8. What are your top three goals in life?
9. What's your favorite writing utensil?
10. Star Wars/Star Trek or both?
11. Favorite movie soundtrack?
Were these questions random enough, do you think?
And here's that song (it's a hummy kind of song, like Winnie-the-Pooh might sing if he were a grown up lady in a diner . . . umm, okay, maybe that doesn't make sense to anyone but me)
Ooh, and I'm going to have a PARTY for all of my Awesome Followers! I really don't know how many there are with blogger and google+ combined, but I know I have a wonderful group of people who hang out with me. Party Details coming soon for my blogaversary on April 30th.