Friday, September 12, 2014

Celebrate, Shelfies, and Literacy

Just taking a moment to celebrate today. Many thanks to Viklit and her team of celebration experts - who remind us each week to celebrate all the small things. :)

I'm celebrating:

1. The satisfaction of finishing a few projects. :)
2. The last bit of summer sunshine into fall. (We don't have the cloud brow overhead yet)
3. Good, quiet time in the mornings before the bustle of activities every day.
4. Reader and writer friends who are just awesome! :)
5. C. Lee Mckenzie's literacy awareness campaign.

Here's my shelfie for the shelfie hop:

Another writer kindly put my book up front, so I thought it would be fun to do the same!

Rules for the shelfie hop:

 Show us your SHELFIE! Grab your phone and snap a selfie with your book, or in front of a bookshelf, or take a pic of a bookshelf... anything to do with books! Brought to you by Tara Tyler!

And, as part of literacy awareness month, I know there was a "take a picture with books" day earlier this week that I missed . . . so I'm considering this my super late entry for that too.

Some other thoughts:
Autumn activities have arrived, and I will do my best to visit everyone who visits here. However, I may just head directly to your blog without making a "reply" comment here, and it may take me a few days. (It's just the way life is at the moment.)

I'll be back on Monday with a post for the Big "C" hop. It made me cry to write it, and I think it isn't my best writing, but I hope that it fits under the "inspiring" part of the hop. And, if you haven't joined in for that, see Michael Di Gesu's blog for more details.

What are you celebrating today?
Have you taken a shelfie?
Are you writing a post for the Big "C" Hop?

17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You are awesome! Your shelfie wins.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Alex! I thought you might think that. :)

cleemckenzie said...

Next year, I think we'll do this a lot during Sept. It's so good to see authors reading other author's books. Great job on this, Tyrean. You've been a major supporter in this effort.

Maurice Mitchell said...

A great collection of books and I've heard good things about Muddy-Fingered Midnights.

Anonymous said...

Nice shelfie! And finishing projects is always something to celebrate about!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Love your shelfie. I'm celebrating being home after be away for week and missing the shelfie week.

Tara Tyler said...

i am loving this!!!
yay tyrean!!

Christine Rains said...

Awesome Shelfie! Have a great weekend. :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

I loved your shelfie :)

Anonymous said...

Great photo, Tyrean! I hope to see my Captain Quasar novel in print and on shelves within the next year.

L.G. Keltner said...

I love your shelfie! I hope you've been having a great weekend!

Stephen Tremp said...

Cool selfie. I ordered Alex's books for our local library and took a pic of them spread out on the shelf and posted it to my previous blog that Google shut down. Bad Google. Evil Google.

Heather M. Gardner said...

Very nice!
Heather

Jeff Chapman said...

Great looking bookcase and what a selection of books! Quiet time is rare at my house too.

Trisha said...

Love your Shelfie :) both entertaining and cute! :D

Michelle Wallace said...

Wow, it must be quite a feeling to see your 'babies' nestling proudly on a bookshelf?
Love your Shelfie, Tyrean!

Anonymous said...

I like your shelfie!