I am no longer in the midst of my 365 Days of Blessings Challenge, and yet blessings abound, and I feel so thankful that I have to share them:
1. I walked two miles today, with a few tiny jogs between power poles, and my ankle feels ok! I'm still soaking it anyway for better healing.
2. Had an awesome conversation about the Bible, prayer, and healing with my mom today and yesterday, while walking.
3. Even though I am totally bummed out that a sweet friend of mine is moving away, I am thankful for the priveledge of knowing her. It took me a long time to get to know her, and then even longer to realize how precious she is to me. She is the kind of person that I feel comfy around, and she is always encouraging.
4. We had an awesome end of the school year celebration yesterday with our Wednesday co-op homeschool friends!
5. The kids played capture the flag in the rain and I refereed.
6. When the rain slowed, the kids joyfully tossed water balloons at each other . . .an activity they had been waiting for all day.
7. Before the rain and after it, we had sun.
8. The laughter of a three-legged race. We actually had several, with practice time in between because the kids were having so much fun.
10. Taking a needed break in the midst of the second day of 4 hour dance rehearsals last night. Tonight we have a six hour rehearsal and I'm already making plans to be a sea of calm no matter what circumstance arises.
I tried to read a whole chapter of the Bible today, but I read these verses, and then re-read them, and I just stopped. I felt like the Holy Spirit asked me to sit up and pay attention, for the message right here.
"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified."
1 Corinthians 2:1-2