HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY, IWSG!
YOU ROCK THE WRITING WORLD!
The IWSG gave me reasons to write, encouragement when I needed it the most, and a place to hang out with like-minded authors for the last 15 years!
Thank you to everyone who volunteers now and in the past.
Thank you to our co-hosts this month:
You rock the writing world and make it a better place to be!
Tiny Update
- I almost didn't make it this month because of life stuff. I visited the ER twice in the last few weeks and will spending some quality time with doctors and tests starting again on Friday.
- And my dad is on hospice, having some bad episode days, and does not want to be anywhere but at home.
- I am spending a bit of time writing each day. Dark Blade Unchained has not been forgotten, but it has been slowed.
Another Troll (but a nice one)
My husband and I with Oscar
A side view with the bird boxes and a tiny bit of the crowd (most were in front)
Bird boxes on poles like this surround the park where Oscar the Bird King sits.
Not long after my husband and I visited Pia the Peacekeeper on Bainbridge Island, we went to see Oscar the Bird King on Vashon Island (both are in Washington state). We are being local tourists because it's a bit difficult to travel far right now, plus, I really like the Way of the Bird King recycled art statues I've seen so far by Thomas Dambo. If you haven't heard of him yet, look him up. There may be some recycled art he's created near you - his art is worldwide. But I feel like these trolls really fit the funky, fun vibe of Washington state.
And I turned 55 a few days after we saw Oscar the Bird King, and that feels like a big deal to me (I like double digit birthdays). So, my Prime Directive for year 55 is health (possibly should be in all caps), seeking joy, and celebrating one wild and precious life.
And the IWSG Celebration invitation mentioned links with books.
As many of you might (or not) know, I have another website these days, but I post here for IWSG. Most of the links on the side are questionable and need some clean up.
Here are a few:
Liftoff is on offer this month as a free ebook with a newsletter sign up here: FREE Sci-Fi and Fantasy
If you want to purchase books, here are some universal links:
To Speak https://buy.bookfunnel.com/fq37f9jehp
Liftoff https://books2read.com/u/3y6NnZ
Nexus: https://books2read.com/u/3y6NkZ
Champion in the Darkness https://books2read.com/u/bW8kJ0
Champion in Flight https://books2read.com/u/4968qk
Champion’s Destiny https://books2read.com/u/bajwX6
Dark Blade: Forged https://books2read.com/u/meLNaz
A Pocket-Sized Jumble of 500+ Writing Prompts https://books2read.com/u/b6lAqW
25 Impossible Tales of Survivors, Flawed Heroes, and Annoyed Villains https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGT65CMF
https://buy.bookfunnel.com/6jtv6nfins




2 comments:
Sorry you've been to the ER and all that! Pray they fix the issue soon.
That does look like a really cool place to explore.
I'm so sorry for your health challenges and your dad being in hospice. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad you're still able to write daily for a bit of time.
Post a Comment