Lexa Cain, Celebrate the Small Things is going strong! I didn't think I would be able to post on Fridays, but here I am.
Life went a little crazy on Wednesday night.
Or, maybe it started on Tuesday . . . when both our working vehicles broke down at the same time. One went in for an oil change and ended up with the transmission out. Then, the other smelled like burning oil and needed a strange part replaced.
Three days without transportation does not work well in my house.
Then, on Wednesday night, I fell down part of our stairs while carrying a ginormous load of laundry. I landed on my left foot (that left foot-argh!) wrong, and then hit knee, elbow, and then shoulder with a bit of head whiplash.
Yeah, fun. (NOT!!!)
So, how is this a celebration post?!!!
Well, here's what I'm really celebrating:
1. Super amazing helpful friends and family. All transportation needs were taken care of by them.
2. One helpful foot doctor with an open appointment! (And so far, just major soft tissue damage found)
3. I already owned the "boot" of shame for my foot and had kept it in a plastic bag in my closet for four years (just in case - my husband made me keep it).
4. I have ibuprofen, ice packs, and coffee, and my hubs is taking care of the grocery shopping while my girls are helping me keep the house clean(ish).
5. I have plenty of time to write on Fridays now . . . my schedule of teaching ski lessons has been cleared completely. (not my original plan for Fridays, but I'm going to make the best of it.)
6. We have one running vehicle now thanks to my husband's awesome mechanical skills and a quickly ordered part.
7. The van is supposed to be ready to be picked up today or tomorrow - which is good, since I can't drive a stick with a "boot of shame."
8. We had full coverage on the van. (not our normal insurance way, but this is a huge blessing at the moment. My husband can fix cars but taking a transmission out takes time and energy that he doesn't have right now.)
9. In the midst of all of this, I only got whiny once or twice . . . well, maybe three times if you count the initial rolling around on the basement floor by the laundry room saying "ow, ow, ow."
10. Lots of prayer from friends and family.
11. God's grace is enough. Yep. I'm thankful for the blessings at this moment in this time.
So, this is the Necessary Edition of Celebrate the Small Things. I'll be around on Fridays now . . . so I look forward to celebrating more. :)
What are you celebrating this week? Have you ever found it necessary to celebrate the small things?