Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Bookaversary!

I don't know how it happened, but my bookaversary just snuck up on me. I realized just this morning that a year ago today, I took the plunge into indie publishing and became a published novelist! Wow!

I don't have a plan for celebration.

But I do some exciting news, and the day ahead of me to dance and celebrate!

Although I hoped to have my second novel, Champion in Flight, out by now, I do have something fun to celebrate my one year bookaversary and one year indie-aversary. A new book.

On Friday, when I felt too sick to go skiing, I decided to finally publish a book that's been on my hard drive for a few years now. With a last bit of extra tweaking, and some formatting with help from my superman husband, my poetry book, Light Reflections, is out on Lulu. I'll be working on getting it into ebook format this week.

It's like somewhere in the back of my sinus-fogged brain, I knew my indie-versary, and bookaversary were coming.

So, please help me celebrate by tweeting or sharing my news!

Light Reflections is a collage of everyday poetry, reflecting on life moments. Light-hearted poems on the taste of pulpy lemonade and the pleasures of reading a library book mix with more serious subjects including faith, loss, and compost. These poems walk through the seasons of the year, reflecting light off clouds, snow, rain, and water. as well as the inner spaces of thought. Previously published titles include: "March Snow Hare," "My Mother's Compost," "As the Leaves Fall," and "Breaking the Stillness."

Light Reflections at Lulu

Tweets:
Life, faith, and compost? Light Reflections #poetry http://tinyurl.com/jw7c48q

http://tinyurl.com/jw7c48q Light Reflections. #poetry Pulpy Lemonade, Library Books and Leaves.


Thanks bunches!!!!

Also, if you would like to do a shout out/tweet out for Champion in the Darkness, that would be great too!!!

Tweets for Champion in the Darkness:
Champion in the Darkness - Faith, Swords, & Sorcery!
http://tinyurl.com/m6t9yfq

 

 

http://tinyurl.com/m6t9yfq Champion in the Darkness - Strong Heroines, Faith, Sword-fighting, Griffins, and Sorcery

 

 

 

 

 

 

 








16 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Double congratulations then!! That's awesome. Will send out a Tweet and announce in my next post.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Thanks!!! And thanks again! I appreciate your encouragement!

Jack said...

This is very exciting!! Congratulations to both!! A poetry book sounds wonderful! I will add it to my list. I love poems, they are relaxing.

Maurice Mitchell said...

Congratulations Tyrean! You do so much to help other writers you deserve the help.

Jeff Hargett said...

Congratulations on all those ...versaries! Treat yourself like a champion!

Heather R. Holden said...

Congrats on the one-year anniversary and the new book release! How exciting! :D

Lynda Dietz said...

Happy anniversary, and congratulations on the new book!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Jack - Thank you!!!

Maurice - Really? I don't feel like I do enough, but I'm glad you think so. Thank you!

Jeff - Thanks! You are sweet. Today was a bit of busy-bug day, but hopefully tomorrow I can celebrate with some extra writing time, and maybe a coffee sweetened with coconut.

Heather - Thank you! :D

Lynda - Thanks!!!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Happy Anniversary. Congrats! I'll announce it on Monday in follower news for you.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Happy anniversary! Will Tweet out your next book. (That just sounds weird, doesn't it?)

dolorah said...

One year book-versary is pretty cool. Congrats on the newest release too.

Christine Rains said...

Awesome! Happy anniversary and congratulations! :)

Michelle Wallace said...

Happy Book-a-versary! Has it been a year? Already? Crikey, where has the time gone...
Congratulations on the poetry collection too! That's awesome!
See you next week for my Ubuntu Blog Hop! I'm looking forward to reading all the entries.
Writer In Transit

Cathrina Constantine said...

It's a double celebration! Congrats I'll send out a tweet!

Karen Lange said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! :)

Ella said...

I love the cover-so beautiful!
Congrats on all accounts!!
I am happy for you~