Wednesday, December 11, 2013

1 Word Interview with Emily Ann Benedict

Today's guest for the 1 Word Interview Challenge was one of my first ever blogging buddies. From her blog, I learned how to blog. From her posts, I learned how to post. She gave me my first award, and I learned how to give awards. She's a small press and indie author and her writing is delightful.  :)

So, without further ado, I give you - Emily Ann Benedict, author of Only Angels are Bulletproof, and two Christmas novellas, The Father Christmas Confessions, and her latest, The Father Christmas Profession.


1 - Current favorite world: Fancy

2 - What inspires me: Art

3 - Describe your writing habits: Crazy

4 - A word to get rid of: That

5 - My writing desk: Mobile

6 - Writing advice: Keep writing, even when you don't want to.

7 - Current project. Christmas

8 - Favorite part of Christmas: Sharing traditions with my loved ones.


To get to know Emily Ann Benedict more, check out her blog, Mystery Writer on a Mission , and her newest novels. I love all three of them, but since it is the season, and they are just so sweet and cozy, I especially recommend her Indie published Father Christmas novellas. They're only 99 cents for Kindle.



 The business of Santa Claus is about to get a new partner.

Felicity never felt like she belonged in the Ogden family, where every man has the power to changes lives between December 1st and 25th. She certainly never thought she would be the right one to train a new Father Christmas, until a mysterious man shows up at her door with all of the family “gifts” but no idea why or how to use them.

She might not want the job, but it is quickly becoming clear that if she doesn’t teach him the art of changing lives fast, lives could be in danger, including her own.

First she just has to convince him there is such a thing as Santa Claus…and that he is one of them.


The Father Christmas Profession

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Nice to meet you, Emily! Crazy sounds familiar...

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Thanks for stopping by, and crazy sounds familiar to me too!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I hear you on #4 - "that" is one of those words for me, too. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Madeline - "that" is a bane of my writing too . . .

Nate Wilson said...

And Emily's 1-word answers can become a kind of poetry:
Fancy art,
Crazy that mobile Christmas.


Neat interview series, Tyrean. And great job, Emily!

M Pax said...

What a fun read by Emily! Congrats to her!

Unknown said...

Another mystery writer? What's not to love? Nice to meet you, Emily.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Nate - love how you put that together!

M Pax - Glad you enjoyed it!

Clarissa - glad you could meet!

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Thank you, Alex. Crazy can be the best some times. ;)

Emily Ann Benedict said...

"That" tends to show up so naturally, but it sounds terrible when I re-read the sentence. Glad to know someone else struggles with it!

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Ha! Who knew I also wrote haiku? Thanks for showing me, Nate. :)

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Thank you! Hopefully it spreads a little more Christmas fun.:)

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Nice to meet you too, Clarissa! Always good to meet another mystery lover. :)

Emily Ann Benedict said...

Thank you for the opportunity, Tyrean!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great interview. Loved learning more about Emily and she really did a great job sticking to one word answers. I'm impressed.

Julie Flanders said...

Great to meet Emily! I'm definitely in the mood for Christmas stories right now so will be sure to check her books out.

Rachna Chhabria said...

Nice to meet you Emily. Yep, we writers need to keep writing even when we don't want to.

Misha Gerrick said...

I love the sound of her story. Great interview. Have I ever mentioned how much I love the concept? :-)

Jack said...

I like that interview idea. A lot.

Aw, that book sounds like a lot of fun!!!! I like fun Christmas stories!

Heather R. Holden said...

Great interview! Art inspires me, too. (Which should be unsurprising to all who know me the slightest, haha.) The Father Christmas novellas sound like a lot of fun!