Friday, August 17, 2012

Back from Being Unplugged

I meant to unplug for a week, but then it went longer. How did that happen?

It went something like this:

(My oldest daughter and my hubby cliff jump from a 10 ft cliff.)

I unplugged to write, then I jumped deep into a four day family trip to Sun Lakes, Eastern Washington with 14 people (family).

Boating, tubing, water-skiing, swimming, cliff-jumping, putt-putt golfing, reading in the shade, and watching a laser light show on the spillway of Grand Coulee Dam are so different than our regular lives that we felt like we went to a whole different place.

A place so different that I actually remained calm when my youngest daughter did this:

That's my 11 year old fearless girl jumping from a 30 foot cliff.

Well, I remained mostly calm. I'm glad that two of her older cousins were with her. I'm not sure that I'm going to survive her childhood. I might just have a heart attack one of these days. Or I might have to work up my courage and join her . . .umm, heights and water? Deep breath. Maybe next year.

 I've had my horizons expanded by rest and excitement, and now I'm back to work, ready for writing, ready for blogging, and even ready for the school year. But I don't want to say that last part too loud because I'm trying to soak up every last moment of summer while it's here.

Have you unplugged lately? Had a moment to renew your energy for the harvest season coming up?