Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!
Led and started by Alex J. Cavanaugh
Co-hosting this January by:
Sign Up Here: http://www.insecurewriterssupportgroup.com/p/iwsg-sign-up.html
Sorry, I'm a bit late today.
Optional Question: What are your favorite and least favorite questions people ask you about your writing?
My favorite writing questions:
1. What do you like best about writing?
2. What do you like about world-building?
3. Any questions about heroes, villains, protagonists, and character-driven plot.
4. What authors inspire you?
5. What movies inspire you?
My least favorite writing questions (asked by real people in real time):
1. Why do you call yourself a local author when you don't write about local events? (I was asked this at a book signing by two very grumpy attendees who didn't understand that I usually write fantasy, even though I live local.)
2. Why do you think you're qualified to write without an MFA? (Because I write.)
3. Do you think you're going to become the next J.K. Rowling or something? (Why yes, what author wouldn't want to be successful and amazing like Rowling? But I can really only write and hope.)
4. Do you think you can really write in more than one genre? (Yes. Because I have.)
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNERS OF THE 2018 IWSG ANTHOLOGY CONTEST!
Oddly Suited by LG Keltner
Sea of Sorrows by AV Brown
Behind the Catcher’s Mask by Jennifer Lane
A Diver’s Ball by Angela Brown
Fearless Heart by Deborah Solice
The Dark Charade by CD Gallant-King
The Cog Prince by Elizabeth Mueller
Flower of Ronda by Myles Christensen
Remedy by Chelsea Ballard
Charleston Masquerade by Carrie-Anne Brownian
The top story has the honors of being included in the title. LG Keltner’s story came out on top! The official title of our next anthology – Masquerade: Oddly Suited. Congratulations, LG. (She was also in the top spot for our first anthology, Parallels: Felix Was Here.)
The IWSG Admins spent many hours reading the entries and fourteen were sent to our special judges. We certainly wish to thank them for taking time away from their own work to read the entries:
Elizabeth S. Craig, author
Kelly Van Sant, agent at Red Sofa Literary Agency
Elana Johnson, author
DL Hammons, Write Club founder
Kristin Smith, author
Gwen Gardner, author and previous IWSG anthology winner
Look for Masquerade: Oddly Suited late spring!
GET READY TO PITCH!!!
Big Magic will be discussed at the IWSG Book Club on January 31st