Friday, July 28, 2017

Do You Have Goals?

Love this hop! 
Come Join Us Here

July Goals Report
1. Finish Eclipse: Greenling Chronicles Book 1. NO. But I did make some progress.

2. Continue marketing efforts with hootsuite. YES!

3. Make some social media changes. (Will report more fully next month.) Reporting more in September.

4. Keep house clean, more yardwork (as physically able). Tiny amounts.

5. Scrapbook/photo project. Umm

6. Encourage family and friends. Hmm. Maybe.

7. Practice Storytelling. Yes!

8. Write all ideas down for school prep in the fall, but no major work allowed on this. (15 per day, tops) Well, I think I did this three days only.

9. Get outside! Yes!

10. Walk, hike, bike, kayak? More exercise and fewer carbs. Walked several times, Biked (3 miles total) and kayaked twice. Too many carbs.
11. Continue super short writing prompt posts. Yes!

12. Continued Bible Study and reading Cling to God. Yes!

August Goals
1. Finish Eclipse or get within 10% of finish line.

2. Cheer daughters and their team at Nationals in Clermont, Florida.

3. Marketing via hootsuite.

4. Scrapbook project.

5. Encourage others.

6. Practice Storytelling.

7. Prep for school year (exciting news on this at the bottom of the post).

8. Get outside, walk, bike, kayak. (Fewer carbs, again)

9. Continue Bible study and reading Cling to God.

10. House and yard - as much as I'm able to do so. 

11. Try not to bawl my eyes out for the entire return trip after helping my oldest daughter move in at Montana State University.

News: I am returning to teach at a homeschool cooperative by request from the board, parents, and students. :) 
And, I'll be teaching a continuing education class through the continuing education program at Tacoma Community College (this is a non-credit class) - Flash Fiction 101.


10 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Best of luck on your goals!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Ah, carbs! I love them, but they don't love me. Sigh.

Good luck with all of your goals!

blackandwhitepublishingco. said...

Sounds like you made good progress.

krystal jane said...

OMG! You'll be teaching a flash fiction class!! That is so cool and awesome and exciting! Congratulations!! ^_^

I'm thinking I need to start bimonthly goals or something, because I just completely forget about stuff.

Your daughter will miss you as much as you'll miss her. :) I was told my mom cried all the home when they moved me in. She also cried most of the way home from moving my sister in (she went farther away than me). I cried everyday for a week! LOL! The first few days are rough. Excited for her though! I loved college. ^_^

Ruth Livingstone said...

Congrats to eldest for getting into University. I'm sure you'll both be fine... after a few tears! And congrats to you for being asked to return to teach some more. Keep on writing.

Trisha F said...

There are quite a few YESes in there, so well done :) Good luck for August's goals!

J Lenni Dorner said...

Have fun teaching!
Summer is tough to get things done. I'm glad you got outside!

Stephanie Faris said...

Busy summer! Sounds like sending the daughter off to college will be the toughest part of all of this!

cleemckenzie said...

A full plate of goals! Good luck on the "not crying" one.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, everyone, for all of your encouragement! I've been on the road the last few days so I'll be visiting a little late, but I'll stop by soon.