Friday, June 30, 2017

Do You Have Goals? July 2017 Update

This awesome, encouraging hop was created by Misha!

Reporting on June
June Goals: 
1. Heal, renew, walk, and take tiny bike rides. - I walked, healed, and rested.

2. Continue to Market Hero Lost: Mysteries of Death and Life and other works. Some, yes, mainly through hootsuite.

3.  Watch my oldest graduate. Have a party! Celebrate! - Definitely did this!!!

4. Go to a Montana State University Registration and Orientation session with my oldest daughter. - Yes!

5. Watch both daughters race at the Ted Houk Regatta in Seattle. - Yes!

6. Clean up the yard and house. (as able) - Yes!

7. Go barefoot. Some.

8. Continue working on The Greenling Chronicles. -YES.

9. Keep reading Cling to God. - Yes!

10. Sort through job and teaching stuff. Prepare for next fall. - A tiny amount.

11. Practice Storytelling. - only once.

July Goals
1. Finish Eclipse: Greenling Chronicles Book 1.

2. Continue marketing efforts with hootsuite.

3. Make some social media changes. (Will report more fully next month.)

4. Keep house clean, more yardwork (as physically able). 

5. Scrapbook/photo project.

6. Encourage family and friends.

7. Practice Storytelling.

8. Write all ideas down for school prep in the fall, but no major work allowed on this. (15 per day, tops)

9. Get outside!

10. Walk, hike, bike, kayak? More exercise and fewer carbs.

11. Continue super short writing prompt posts.

12. Continued Bible Study and reading Cling to God.

How are you doing on your goals this month?


Writing Prompt: If the villain/antagonist of your story created a "honey do" list, what would be on it? Does your villain/antagonist have a significant other?




15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You did well in June. Don't forget you also submitted to the IWSG anthology.

Heather R. Holden said...

Sounds like you've had a pretty successful June! Hope your goals for July go just as well, if not better, especially when it comes to the first Greenling Chronicles book. How exciting that it's so close to completion already!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats to your daughter and to you for accomplishing so much.

I of course read it all in one sitting several times last year, but my husband and I read from Cling to God every single night before going to sleep.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Alex - Thank you! And yes, I had fun writing that article.

Heather - Thanks!

Diane - Thank you! Cling to God is a great book!

M.J. Fifield said...

Looks like you did very well with your June goals. I am impressed! Best of luck with your July goals!

Tyrean Martinson said...

MJ - Thank you!!!

Stephanie Faris said...

Wow! Good job!!! I have a feeling I wouldn't fare so well if I did a mid-year check-in on goals I set in January. I didn't set goals, so that won't happen anyway!

J Lenni Dorner said...

Looks like you did great work in June. WTG!

The villain/ antagonist in my story is actually a group of people (unless you want to go subplot with the character-vs-self...). And yes, some of them do have significant others. The group believes that my main characters have "trapped" humans on Earth. They want to find a way to kill or deplete the powers of my MCs in order to bring about the apocalypse, thus allowing humans to be "freed" from Earth, ending any reincarnation or new human souls.
Honey do:
- Find members of the Existence
- Kidnap members of the Existence
- Find a way to keep them in prison
- Figure out how to kill them or deplete their powers permanently
- Protect the cause at all costs

Great prompt! Thanks for this.

Best of luck with your July goals.

Misha Gericke said...

Wow! You did awesome! I'm seriously impressed by how much you did in June. :-D

Patricia Lynne said...

Great job on your goals. I need to get off my butt and see how I did on mine for June and make July goals.

Julie Flanders said...

Sounds like you had an amazing June! So glad you had so many wonderful things going on and also that you were able to heal and rest after all you've been through. Here's to a wonderful July.

Ruth Livingstone said...

You're making great progress, both with your writing goals and other stuff. (I'm intrigued by the barefoot goal. Why?) Also congrats to eldest daughter - a great achievement and beginning of new stage in life.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Stephanie - Setting mini-goals within the big goals each month really helps me get things done.

J. - Glad you liked the prompt so well!

Misha - Thank you!!!

Patricia - I'm sure you did heaps!

Julie - Thanks! Rest is still imperative, but I'm feeling better and better these days.

Ruth -Thanks! The barefoot goal is about getting outside and enjoying a relaxed pace because that's what it means to me. I usually walk slower when I'm barefoot - well, I used to race barefoot as a kid, but not anymore.

Nick Wilford said...

Sounds like a very productive month! Hope July is just as awesome.

Angeline Trevena said...

Sounds like it was a really successful June, and you must be one proud mama!