Monday, April 24, 2017

Character Interview: Maud #Writing #IWSGanthology #OfWordsandSwords #HeroLost



The Hero Lost: The Mysteries of Death and Life Anthology is coming soon! My story "Of Words and Swords" is in the anthology and I thought it would be great to introduce my main character with an interview.

Please welcome my character Maud from "Of Words and Swords" to the blog today. 

Tyrean: Maud, where did your name come from?

Maud: It is better left unsaid, that which you would have called me in full. It would have made for a different story entirely. Forsooth, I beg of you, do not speak the name.

Tyrean: Mad Maudlin

Maud: Why? Oh, why did you have to remind me?

Tyrean: I liked it. It had a nice ring to it.

Maud: No, no, to live up to a name like that, why I would have had to have been barking at the moon mad.
  
Tyrean: I thought you liked your words to be lofty and poetic so I thought that Maudlin suited your character.

Maud: Well, I enjoy witty wordplay. But you? You understand plain words and active verbs.

Tyrean: I see. How do you think you came by your poetic moments then?

Maud: There was a reason that they threw a variety of objects at me. If I had my own way –

Tyrean: You don’t.

Maud growls: I know.

Tyrean: If it makes you feel any better, I created your character based on the first lines of a song by a famous group of bardic musicians.

Maud: Truly? 

Tyrean: You can listen to it on youtube here: 



Maud: That song does have a nice rhythm to it. I guess I can forgive you about the name.

Tyrean: For readers and Maud, please note that only a few lines of the song informed Maud's character, The rest of his story will be revealed in the Hero Lost anthology coming May 2nd.

Maud: I don't have time to wait around until then. I have things to do. 

(He straps on both swords and gets on his horse.)

Tyrean: Of course, you may have to --

Maud: Don't say it.


Picture from pinterest and here.http://merlin.wikia.com/wiki/Cenred





Hero Lost Anthology Pre-Order Links
Amazon    iBooks     Kobo     Nook    




12 comments:

Natalie Aguirre said...

Loved the short discussion about Maud's name. Gives us a taste of his character. Congrats on your upcoming story release!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie!

cleemckenzie said...

I loved your character interview. I'll bet it was fun to write this, too. Here's to your big release day!

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Loved getting a peek at this character. His attitude came through loud and clear. Well done! (Love that Nickelback song, too ;) Congrats on the upcoming release!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I don't think he can escape his past. Or his name.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

What a fun interview. I can't wait to meet this character and all of the others in the anthology.

CWMartin said...

"Maud: There was a reason that they threw a variety of objects at me. If I had my own way –

Tyrean: You don’t.

Maud growls: I know."

On the rare occasions I have written, I usually let the characters do what they want. Basically because I am more of a reader who writes to tell myself a story than a writer trying to make something anyone else would read.

Stephanie Faris said...

That is definitely an interesting name. One you can't forget!!! Great interview!

Karen Lange said...

Another fun interview! Thanks, Tyrean. Hope you are feeling better on your road to recovery. :)

Erika Beebe said...

Great post Tyrean! I downloaded my ebook and can't wait to dig into this weekend to find out more about your lovely story :)

krystal jane said...

I like Nickelback! I also like the name Maudlin. It is poetic. :) I'm definitely doing an interview now!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I can't wait to read these stories! (I'm waiting on the book version.)