Thursday, February 23, 2017

Goals Post February 2017


My goal for February was to regain health. All other goals were kicked to the curb until health was regained.

My update on that: (MORE UPDATES ADDED IN ITALICS)
I don't have cancer!!! Yay! I've been checked for two different types and the test results are good in that area! I am extremely thankful.

Thanks to multiple tests (ultrasound, CT scan, an endoscopy, biopsies, many vials of blood samples, etc), I have six other actual diagnoses that make sense with the pain - gallbladder stones, polyps, and partially blocked duct; diverticulitis; hiatal hernia; GERD; reflux; and a fibroid that's kind of huge and attached strongly to my uterus. FOUR FIBROIDS ATTACHED TO THE UTERUS (PICTURES TAKEN DURING SURGERY),

I am still hurting. Talking hurts, laughing hurts, and sometimes concentrating on anything is impossible. I get headaches as well as all the abdominal pain and I'm extremely tired some days - sleeping for three hours at a time in the middle of the day and then napping again for 20 minutes before "dinner" - although my meals have to be minute in size and soft so I can digest them. Some days, I sleep even more. (On the good news side of the meals - I've lost 20 pounds in five weeks and I needed to lose that weight.)

I prescheduled this post because this is the week of my first surgery. The doctor estimated that I'll need 10 days FOUR WEEKS for recovery. Since I've had 13 other surgeries in my lifetime, I know that I probably should double or triple that estimate. Surgeons always consider 60% recovered to be recovered. My second surgery is supposed to take 6 weeks of recovery according to the doctor - ten days of which are supposed to be absolute bed rest (really, more? how much sleep can my body take?).


However, the good news (I don't have cancer!) is very good, and I'm thankful that I'm getting a start on getting better. 

I am thankful for all the prayers and kind wishes. I'm definitely mentally and emotionally stronger because of those. 


My main other goal this month was to help with marketing for the Hero Lost: Mysteries of Death and Life Anthology.

Check out the Hero Lost Website here.

Support our Thunderclap Here.

My goals for March: Continue to heal, help with Hero Lost marketing, and write a bit more than I did in February. That's it. I will visit blogs as I can.

15 comments:

Heather R. Holden said...

*hugs* That is such great news about the lack of cancer. So sorry about all the pain you're still in, though, as well as the surgeries you have ahead of you. Keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you all the best as you recover!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I don't know why I was thinking it was simply the gall bladder (like that's not enough, right?) Hugs and prayers for you. I hope you're feeling better. Take care and enjoy all that sleep. And YAY!!!! No cancer is a wonderful thing.

Nick Wilford said...

Fantastic news! So happy for you. And make the most of that rest!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Happy news about the cancer, but it sounds like you're in for a rough time. Sending hugs from across the pond :-)

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad you know your diagnosis and it's not cancer. So happy for you. Take care of yourself and don't worry too much about writing or blogging while you heal.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome news! Will be praying for you today.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Excellent news, Tyrean! Keep taking care of yourself and heal. :)

Cherie Reich said...

Not cancer is always good news. Rest up. Everything else can be done later. *hugs*

Mark Noce said...

So glad to hear that the results came back good:) Stay strong! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thank you for all of your kind thoughts, prayers, and words!!!

Ruth Livingstone said...

Oh, Tyrean, what a horrible time you've been having. Really glad the tests reveal things that are curable in most cases, and treatable in others. Best wishes for the surgery and for a speedy recovery. (Don't forget to keep a notepad by your bed for those story ideas...!)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Ruth - I do have two notebooks by my bed these days. One is for ideas and the other is for just the every day stuff I think about. :)

Misha Gericke said...

I'm so relieved that it isn't cancer, but I'm sorry for all the pain you're going through.

Praying for you.

JEN Garrett said...

Good News, and get well soon! :)

Stephanie Faris said...

YAY to no cancer. You know, we often forget how important health is. If we don't have our health, nothing else really matters.