Please welcome William Michael Davidson to the
5 Reasons to Write Series!
Here are five reasons to write with faith. And by faith, I mean faith in God and including Him in the writing process.
1. You really can't help it. I've always had this idea about my writing. I think that a person ultimately writes what is on the inside. Whether you are a Christian, an atheist, or somewhere in between, you ultimately write from your worldview. For some, I think my works are perceived as Christian Fiction, but I've never really seen them that way. I think I am a Christian who writes books. So it's good to acknowledge that your writing will ultimately bring forth your beliefs and world view. Why fight it?
2. It's rewarding. I haven't always been a Christian, but I can say that the works I've written in which I've invited God into the process have been my most rewarding. Whether or not they're published, whether or not they sell well, I at least have the experience of knowing that what I've produced is honoring to God. And that's worth a lot!
3. Unexpected Lessons. Just as God surprises us all the time, when you write with faith it's amazing what you can learn. Sometimes, in the midst of writing a story, God can use my own characters and my own plot lines to speak into my life. Sometimes it's better to watch a character you've created make foolish mistakes and suffer the consequences rather than to go through them yourself!
4. It's God-like. A long time ago, I remember a friend telling me that God created creativity. He loves creativity! Just look at the world and nature and all of the diversity he has placed here. So when writing a novel, I have moments in which I feel that I am tasting of God's creative spirit. And that's just super cool!
5. It can impact someone. Just as a great fire can begin with a single spark, sometimes a story (or just an element of a story) can get a reader thinking about life, death, and eternity. There is great power in being an artist, and you never know how your story can impact lives and lead readers towards Truth. Writing a good story is an amazing experience, but writing a story that can minister to others and speak into their lives is priceless.
All awesome reasons! Thanks for sharing, Michael! I feel the same way about writing with faith, whether it's overtly or subtly.
This post is part of The Remnant blog tour!
One nation, without God...
Colton Pierce apprehends Abberants—those who display symptoms of faith—and quarantines them on a remote island to ensure public safety. Years prior, the government released a genetically-engineered super flu that destroyed the genes believed to be the biological source of spiritual experience in an effort to rid the world of terrorism. As an extractor with the Center for Theological Control, Colton is dedicated to the cause.
But Colton's steadfast commitment is challenged when he learns his own son has been targeted for extraction. An underground militia, the Remnant, agrees to help Colton save his son in exchange for his assistance with their plan to free the Aberrants on the island.
Colton is faced with the most important decision of his life. Remain faithful to the CTC? Or give up everything to save his son?
THE REMNANT is available to order in eBook form at the following sites:
The print format of the book is available at these sites:
Be sure to add THE REMNANT to your bookshelf on Goodreads.
William Michael Davidson lives in Long Beach, California with his wife and two daughters. A believer that "good living produces good writing," Davidson writes early in the morning so he can get outside, exercise, spend time with people, and experience as much as possible.
A writer of speculative fiction, he enjoys stories that deal with humanity's inherent need for redemption.
For more on Davidson and his writing, connect with him on Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, and Amazon Author’s Page.
This is a tour-wide giveaway for two (2) print copies that are available to those living in the U.S. only and one (1) eBook copy available international. The giveaway will end at on . You can enter to win at each stop of the tour.
Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to visit the other blogs on the tour for more chances to win. The schedule is located HERE.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Happy Valentine's Day!