This is a double hop post! Please scroll to the area of your interest!
It's a new banner for a new year! Normally, we post on the last Friday of each month, but this time in honor of New Year's Day, we are all posting sometime during New Year's weekend.
My December goals were:
1. Christmas Cheer! - I was slow on this, but I got there. :)
2. Walk 50+ miles. - Hmm. I walked 40 miles.
3. Yoga x 20 days of the month. - Nope. I did Yoga with my youngest daughter for three 20 minute sessions.
4. Write/Revise 25,000 words. - I wrote about 5,000 words, plus a Christmas letter that required four revisions.
December goals - 1/4.
Moving onto 2017!
1. Attitude of Gratitude (Thanksgiving every day).
2. Writing between 10,000 and 25,000 words a month, depending on the month.
3. Submit a short story, poem, or article twice a month.
4. Walking: 700+ miles for the entire year.
5. Back to Biking: 1500+ miles for the entire year.
6. Yoga: Each month, do 10-20 sessions of 20 minutes each.
7. Reading: keep new book consumption between 25-52 books for the year. I have a budget on time and money. (see #11)
8. Pursue storytelling.
9. Continue to teach writing.
10. Enjoy my family.
12. Self-publish 2-3 simple writing prompt books (more on this subject in my end of January goals post - there's a reason).
13. Submit/Query Captain Wrath novel (needs better title) to a publisher/editor/agent.
14. Pay attention to marketing (sounds loose, but I have a small plan lurking behind this one).
15. Finish home organization projects. (This ties in with #11 again)
Believe it or not, much of this list ties into #11. It's too much to explain in a dual-hop post, so I'll come back to it in February and March. I'm only posting 3-4 times a month next year.
If you have a new gift card, a new device, or just a new desire to download books for 99 cents, then New Year, New Reads is for you!
Nearly 20 authors from all genres have banded together to create 99 cent offers for their beloved readers!
Here's what I'm offering for 99 cents until mid-January.
I'm not good about putting up and taking down price changes quickly, so you have a few weeks to take advantage of these bargains.
Like a bulb flickers, these stories and poems flicker to life for a moment, or a few pages. Some are vignettes, some are full stories, some are experimental, and some are traditional. It's an eclectic mix of over 90 short works, most of which I've had published previously (which is a way of saying that other readers/editors actually liked them enough to publish them).
A year after she won the battle for Septily, Clara feels trapped in Skycliff by the Allied Council. As the last pieces of information about the Healing Caves fall into place, Clara is attacked by an assassin. Covert Drinaii mercenaries and the Council aren’t going to stop Clara from her quest to heal her broken blade. As Champion of Aramatir, she must act.
If you've already downloaded the first book for free (still available that way!), then you can pick up the second in The Champion Trilogy for a limited time for only 99 cents!
BRAND NEW DEBUT!
5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . . Write!
25 Speculative Fiction Prompts within these pages will help new and old authors alike to fight the dark nemesis of the blank page. This book is broken into five sections for five different types of prompts: scenario, quote, question, book title, and simple. These prompts will help the writer defeat the blank page and write into new horizons!
(I tried to add the linky list, but failed. Please, please, check out these links and all of the other awesome authors in this hop!)
Happy New Year!!!