Monday, January 18, 2016

The Turning Point Anthology, Life Moments, and a Memorial

Randi Lee is putting together a beautiful anthology coming soon!
I'm excited and humbled to be a part of this project with so many amazing authors.

Champion's Destiny is out via kindle.
More formats are forthcoming . . . still.


I decided to finally put together my first newsletter. 
It's very short, will only come out monthly (at the most), and you can read it here.



Life Moments this Month so far. These little mini-vignettes were posted on facebook earlier, but I think they still hold the prevailing thoughts for this month for me and I'm not sure I really could say them any better now.

In the middle of a storm, everything else fades away. The only thing we can see, feel, and touch is the anchor holding us fast. For me, that's my faith in God, the knowledge that He loves each of us, and He welcomes us with open arms when we need His hope and strength.


In Loving Memory of Gary Glover:
We will miss Gary's humor, his laughter, the glint in his eye when he won Monopoly or any other strategic game or battle of wits, his love for his family, his deep abiding faith in every circumstance, and the way he found a way to live life fully, every moment. This picture is from Whistler a handful of years ago - when Gary skied with us via ski tour chair. Now, we know that if there's skiing in heaven, he'll be going "faster!"

We missed his memorial because we were stuck on the wrong side of the mountains when the pass closed, which was really hard.

16 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'm sorry for the loss of Gary and that you couldn't get to his memorial.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Prayers for Gary's family.
When the storm comes, only God is steadfast.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Diane.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Alex.
Amen.

Misha Gericke said...

I'm sorry for your loss and that you had to miss the funeral.

I'll also be taking part in the anthology, once I have the contract signed.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So sorry for the loss of Gary and that you couldn't get to the service because of things beyond your control.

Maurice Mitchell said...

So sorry for your loss Tyrean. It sounds like he was a fun guy to have around and you'll always remember his laughter.

Crystal Collier said...

I'm sorry you missed it. Losing someone can be so hard. Here's wishing you happy moments going forward and many fond memories.

Denise Covey said...

That's sad to read about Gary,Tyrean. But you'll never forget him.
Congrats on being in the anthology. Been seeing it around a bit today and I'm critting for someone who has a story to submit. :-)

John and Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!

Michelle Wallace said...

Sorry to read about Gary. Sounds like he was the life of the party!
Congrats on the newsletter.

Tara Tyler R said...

Hope this comment works...
Sorry for your loss - it's especially sad to lose someone who brought joy and laughter to others.
welcome to newsletter writing - not sure if i'm sold on mine, but i know they work for others...
and excited to read all the stories - so happy to be in the anthology with you!
have a nice weekend!

Murees Dupé said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Tyrean. I'm sure Gary is smiling down at you from heaven. Congratulations on the anthology and your new book.

Nicola said...

Great news about the anthology. Looking forward to reading it. Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure Gary's joy and laughter will continue to live in your heart. Take care and thanks for the post.

Kate Larkindale said...

Exciting news about the anthology! Sorry about your loss. Kia Kaha.

Shelley Sly said...

I'm sorry for your loss. That's always such a hard thing to go through.

The anthology sounds really interesting, though. I look forward to checking it out!