Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A to Z: X Celebrations

A to Z is here! And we are almost to the finish!!!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Mary Pax,  a science fiction and fantasy author; a docent at Pine Mountain Observatory in Oregon; a photographer of gangsta cows, tiny ghost towns, and the wonders of the universe; a fan of Jane Austen; and one of the best blogging buddies to have. Once, I asked her a question about marketing, and she answered with a huge file of places to market my work. (I'm still working through that file, too.) She is an excellent writer, an encouraging friend, and I just think she is really cool. :)
She has at least nine books out with more on the way, and several short stories in anthologies and on QuarterReads.

I highly recommend checking out her blog and her books. Plus, the first books in the Backworlds and Rifters series are free!






Who or what are you celebrating today?

20 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

Mary's going to round up her gangstas and have a party when she sees your post today!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Excellent celebration of M. Pax. I'm most familiar with her through Unthered Realms, but I think that's about to change! Love her blog. (smile)

Tyrean Martinson said...

That would be fun! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool! And thanks for mentioning Untethered Realms - I need to add that in.

M Pax said...

Thank you, Tyrean. What a great way to wake up on a Tuesday. :D

Cherie Reich said...

Mary is awesome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome! Hope you have a great day, M!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, she is!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Good choice for X! Her Backworlds series is awesome.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, it is!

Chrys Fey said...

Mary Pax is awesome. Perfect blogger for X. :D

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Great pick. I have the first Rifters book on my Kindle, calling to me.

Tyrean Martinson said...

She is!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It's definitely a good read!

Michelle Wallace said...

Mary is an awesome bloggy buddy & an awesome writer!
I've read part I & II of her Backworlds series.
Need to get the rest of the instalments...

Yvonne Ventresca said...

You picked such a positive theme this year. I can't believe the challenge is almost over!

Yvonne

Tyrean Martinson said...

I tried to do that this year and I liked the way it went more than I have in years past. I'm actually looking forward to a few things post challenge this year - I've been putting off a few things until then.

Mary Aalgaard said...

Well, we've already started celebrating the birthday of my twins, who will turn 15 tomorrow!
Play off the Page

Maurice Mitchell said...

It's a great theme Tyrean and You couldn't have picked a better blogger than Mary for this letter since she and her cows have been entertaining for years.

Julie Flanders said...

Mary is a great writer and friend. Perfect choice for X.