Monday, April 27, 2015

A to Z: W Celebrations

A to Z is here! And, we are almost to the finish!!! 

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Michelle Wallace at Writer-in-Transit is a dedicated IWSG blogger and writer who writes excellent short fiction from drabble to flash length, and who loves to play with words! I highly recommend checking our blog for fun, for entertainment, and for some great encouragement!


On Friday and Saturday, I had wild back to back events:
- a podcast interview at the Speculative Fiction Cantina which was recorded and can be found here

- and a book signing at a local bookstore, which was . . . well, customer-less. The bookstore rocked and the ladies there were super sweet and kind, but I didn't sell any books. I would have been completely bummed except I have another book selling event planned for this Saturday . . . so I still feel hopeful. Plus, I took my own advice and rewarded myself afterwards . . . even without book sales. I still had the courage to get out there, so that's the part I'm celebrating.


Who or what are you celebrating today?






20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, you can't sell books if no one is there.
Michelle is all kinds of awesome!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

The Speculative Fiction Cantina podcast was neat!!

Patricia Lynne said...

Michelle writes some great flash fiction. I love reading her posts.

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

Chrys Fey said...

Michelle is awesome!

Sounds like your events were a lot of fun although you didn't sell any books. It's good that you didn't let that upset you.

Michelle Wallace said...

Thank you for including my blog as a part of your celebration, Tyrean.
I'm really honored.
Enjoy the rest of your A to Z!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, it was a hard day for the bookstore owner, too.

And, Michelle is definitely all kinds of awesome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Dixie!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, she does!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Michelle is definitely awesome!

Yes, I had fun anyway, and my husband and I took a 11.28 mile bike ride on my favorite trail afterwards so it was a good day!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, Michelle!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Good for you to remain undaunted by the book signing. Best of luck on your next one.

cleemckenzie said...

Those days are hard, but you never know what might come from a live appearance. Next time will be better.

Stephanie Bird said...

Congratulations Tyrean. Keep at it and don't mind the empty bookstore. Its a sign of our times not a reflection on your work. I'm glad to know more about Michelle's work too.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I hope so! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, it is a sad sign of our times. E-readers are convenient, but I love real books.

Kern Windwraith said...

Total bummer on so very many levels that the bookstore was empty. I hope your signing on Saturday is much more successful. I agree with you--I love real books. My e-reader is great for when I travel, but when I'm curled up on my big comfy couch, it's a real book I want in my hands, with real pages that make delightful little raspy noises when I turn them.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Hope this week's book event goes better. I guess we all go through some events like last Saturday.

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

I read this post earlier, but I wanted to come back and comment. Having no one show up at an event is one of my biggest fears. Today, I blogged about a three-author panel I just attended where I was the only one who showed up for the first third of the program. There were two of us for the rest of the program. We had a great discussion, though, with just the five of us. I hope your Saturday event went better!

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

I tried to comment on this post last night, but what I wrote never appeared, so I'm re-commenting. If, by some weird thing you get it twice, I apologize.
Originally, I wrote something like this: I read this post a few days ago, but I wanted to come back and comment. Having a low or no turnout is one of my big fears with this kind of event. I just attended a three-author panel event at my local library, where for the first third of the program, I was the only audience member. At that point, another lady came in, but we were it for the hour and a half. I felt bad for the authors for having such a low turnout, but we still had a great discussion, and I learned a lot and gained some very valuable resources. It had to be disappointing to not have anyone show up at the bookstore, but at least you had the guts to get out there and try. I'm still trying to work up the nerve to do it. I hope Saturday went much better for you!