Saturday, April 25, 2015

A to Z: V Celebrations!

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Yvonne Ventresca -  fellow Muffin Commando, blogger, and writer of non-fiction and fiction work, is fun to visit, and writes excellently informational posts for writers of all ages with a special day for teen writers on Tuesdays which I love to glean for information for teen writers that I know. Yvonne's enthusiasm for giving back to the writing community is beautiful! Check out her blog and her novel, Pandemic.




And, a short bit about the podcast interview from yesterday: host S. Evans Townsend rocked! I love the way he keeps the show moving. Addie J. King, my fellow guest, was really fun to get to know, too. On my part . . . well, I was nervous - even more than I realized, and it came out in the fact that I couldn't seem to talk about my novels coherently, and when I read, I stumbled over my book - even though I had practiced a dozen times. So, I'm glad I did it and I learned a bit about myself: I need to stand up and talk on the phone for a podcast, just like I stand up and talk on the phone normally.

And, if you want to listen to or take part in a speculative fiction podcast, I highly recommend S. Evan Townsend and the Speculative Fiction Cantina!

13 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I missed your podcast! I'm sorry.

Tyrean Martinson said...

That's okay. I'll post a link of the recording . . .

Yvonne Ventresca said...

Tyrean -- it is so nice of you to include my blog in your celebration. Thank you! I appreciate the kindness. ♥

Yvonne

Trisha F said...

I haven't visited Yvonne before - will do now :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

The podcast thing is really cool. I did one of those for one of my books. It was fun.

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

The podcast sounds nerve-racking. I'd have to work myself up to that one. Bravo to you for doing it!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It was really fun!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It was scary, but it was also really fun. S. Evan Townsend was a great host!

cleemckenzie said...

Great to see Yvonne featured here today!

Stepheny Houghtlin said...

Visiting you in these closing days of the #Challenge. Always happy to find another writer. If you have time or energy at this point in April, come and see what I’ve been up to. Love finding good blogs like yours. Thanks.

Heather R. Holden said...

I'd be totally nervous for a podcast, too. (Then again, I'm nervous for most things, LOL.) Congrats on being brave enough to do one!