Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A to Z: S Celebrations

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Shelley Sly writes thought-provoking, humor-filled, heart-warming, middle grade fiction and has an excellent blog! I highly recommend checking out her blog; her first novel, Wishing for Washington; and her latest novel: One Hundred Thirty Stars! 


Shannon Lawrence is an incredibly helpful blogger and excellent short story writer who has a few novels in the works. Some of her work can be found in Under the Bed Magazine, Of Mist and Magic, Insecure Writer's Support Group Guide to Publishing and Beyond, Tree of Life, Beyond the Binding, and Sunday Snaps: The Stories.
Shannon always reports the latest links for short story submissions for various markets - which is incredibly helpful for short story writers.


Susan Gourley-Kelly is a novelist who writes science fiction and fantasy romance. She also has a wonderful blog to visit, with thought-provoking posts from writing, publishing, marketing, and life. I highly recommend checking out her blog and some of her science fiction romance, starting with these titles: The Warrior and the Biologist, and Marine's Queen. I haven't read any of her fantasy romance, but if the covers are any indication - they might be hotter than I can handle. However, I can say without a doubt, that she is an excellent writer. :)


SK Anthony is a super encouraging blogger with a heart of gold who writes excellent, speculative fiction! She's currently on a blogging hiatus, but I'm hoping she comes back soon! And, I'm hoping to see the second book in her Luminaries soon, too. Here's her first novel: Kinetic.


Who and what are you celebrating today?

40 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Some excellent choices! There were almost too many for S today.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thank you so much for putting me on your list. I'm honored and your words are so very kind.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Very true - there are a lot of great "S" bloggers!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, Susan!

Maria Zannini said...

Susan is the best! Great blogger/writer and a pleasure to read.

S.K. Anthony said...

You're the bestest ever!!!! Thank you so much for the spotlight ;)

I have to stalk . . . I mean check out Shelley, Shannon, and Susan now!

jaybird said...

I love middle grade! One of my favorite genres. Great to celebrate!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Excellent choices!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

These are great celebrations.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Great choices! They all sound fantastic.

Darla M Sands said...

Wonderful! I will soon be having my sweet mom as guest in our home for a week. So today is a little busy in preparation of picking her up but it should be nice. Best wishes! Thank you for stopping by my blog at http://darlamsands.blogspot.com/ during this A to Z challenge.

Shelley Sly said...

Tyrean, thank you so much for the shout out! You are so sweet. Your blog is one of my favorites (if only I had more time this month to check out all the A to Z entries), so it's an honor to be featured here. The other bloggers all sound super awesome!

Drusilla Barron said...

I love your theme! I'm in the midst of celebration and change, moving from TX to MD. While I'm packing, I'm bidding adieu to friends with meals out and coffee and movies and going to their churches and whatever else come to mind.

Visiting from A to Z,
also @ http://glamofgod.com

cleemckenzie said...

I know most of those S authors! Great to see them featured here today.

M Pax said...

Three awesome ladies. I love Shannon's submissions posts.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Thank you so much for featuring me today! And I love that I'm in awesome company.

Maurice Mitchell said...

So many great blogs I've never heard of although Shannon is great

Tyrean Martinson said...

Definitely!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, SK!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Jaybird!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, T!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your mom!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, and thanks!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Have a fun and safe move!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I love those, too! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

There are so many bloggers - it's hard to keep track of them all.

Cherie Reich said...

Yay for the S bloggers. The cover for Kinetic is really beautiful.

Jay Noel said...

Muffin Commando Squad? That's so awesome! Lots of S bloggers today.

Tanya Miranda said...

Great list of bloggers. I haven't been on the Warrior Muse in a while. It's so hard to stay on track sometimes. So... I'll ask what Jay Noel is thinking...what exactly is the Muffin Commando Squad?

Nick Wilford said...

Stellar choices there! Shannon has the best links, and Shelley is sweet. I think I have Kinetic on my Kindle.

Tyrean Martinson said...

:)

Tyrean Martinson said...

There are so many!

Tyrean Martinson said...

We're one of the teams for A to Z that munches are way around the blogsphere and checks out A to Z blogs . . . :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!

Heather R. Holden said...

So many great people highlighted today! I've already been following Shelley and Susan, and I agree, they're both awesome. :)

LuAnn Braley said...

I'm celebrating actually sleeping until 6 am this morning, as usually I'm up after just a couple hours of sleep. I'll figure out what else to celebrate once the brewing caffeine has stimulated my brain to start those synapses firing. :p