Saturday, April 18, 2015

A to Z: P Celebrations!

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Marilyn Parel  is a blogger who Celebrates the Small Things and who writes scripts and produces movies. She has a newsletter and an IMDB page. I find her celebrations to be inspiring. Script-writing fascinates me a bit, my oldest daughter took a class in it this year, and I think it's just an amazing way to share/show a story in a different medium. Getting to know Marilyn Parel has helped me envision the sights and sounds of my story-writing. 

And, in a similar theme to my celebrations yesterday, I'm also celebrating a coach who has Prepared a group of young athletes to dream for Olympic Gold . . .

Unfortunately, the video is set to private, so you have to watch it on vimeo, but it's worth the extra click . . . or, at least I think it is.

A group of athletes from my daughters' team, some close friends of theirs, are headed to Oklahoma City this week to compete in Time Trials, which could earn them a spot on the Olympic Hopes or Junior Worlds teams. This is a small part of the story of preparation that has gone into making that possible.



Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Racing Team "Dream" from Dennis Minor on Vimeo.

10 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Good luck to the racing team. It must be so exciting. This is one of my favorite parts of the Olympics.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Mine, too! :)

Dixie@dcrelief said...

May sound a bit silly, but I watched the vimeo with tears welling up. So proud of these young people and their determination, and a coach who leads with experience and kindness. There will be a Gig Harbor Olympian!

Love Marilyn Parel!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Olympic team! That would be amazing.

Milo James Fowler said...

Godspeed to those young athletes!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Dixie!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It would be really cool! This year isn't the year to decide that, but a few of these athletes are definitely in the running for it for next year and 2020.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Milo! My girls have a good friend who is going to time trials and we are hoping she has fun and finds success. :)

Timothy Brannan said...

Best of luck to them!!

--
Tim Brannan, The Other Side Blog
2015 A to Z of Vampires
http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/

cleemckenzie said...

That's wonderful. Let's hope they make it!