Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A to Z: M Celebrations

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:


Maurice Mitchell is a fan of concept art and all things scifi. He blogs over at Film Sketchr and with his brother at Geek Twins. Maurice is a super supportive blogger, and although I'm not an artist, I enjoy his posts of concept art and his interviews with concept artists. I'm always inspired to write after I read his posts, and I enjoy a "behind the scenes" kind of look at movies. Plus, Geek Twins offers all things Scifi and Geeky . . . a great combo!


Milo James Fowler is the blogger and author to follow if you want to be inspired to write beyond the first or 26th rejection letter. His track record for submission and re-submissions is amazing, and he writes excellent, thought-provoking speculative fiction. He has almost too many e-stories, and e-collections to count, and he has a few novellas and novels out as well. His posts give evidence to his persistence and talent, and he shares what he knows about writing, publishing, and marketing with fellow bloggers and authors. He's also one of the founders of Write 1 Sub 1.
Girl of Great Price is a great place to start on a Milo James Fowler reading journey!

Madeline Mora-Summonte is taking a blogging break this month, but I highly encourage you to stop by her blog and get to know her material. She is encouraging, uses great quotes, and writes intense flash fiction. She's also a member of Write 1 Sub 1, and she also has a great submission and re-submission record. She has an excellent book of flash fiction out - The People We Used to Be.






Who or what are you celebrating today?

42 comments:

Sabrina A. Fish said...

I love checking out the geek twins blog. The cover of The People We Used To Be is awesome and makes me want to check it out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

All three are awesome! Film Sketcher features some outstanding concept art.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Thank you so much, Tyrean! I really appreciate your kind words. :)

Sabrina - I still love the cover! I hope you enjoy the collection. :)

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Ooh, these three are new to me - can't wait to explore! I've added them to my list. Thank you, Tyrean!

Rachna Chhabria said...

All the bloggers you mentioned are awesome. I know all three of them :)

TheCyborgMom said...

Okay, I NEED to show my son Maurice's sketching blog. I think he'll find it so interesting!
Katie @TheCyborgMom

Tyrean Martinson said...

The Geek Twins blog is super fun and The People we Used to Be is a great book. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Very true!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, Madeline!

Natalie Aguirre said...

Sounds like great blogs to follow. And always great to celebrate things daily. I love your theme.

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, Dixie!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It's really cool!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Natalie!

Sarah Foster said...

I only know Madeline. I'll have to check out the others!

Stephen Tremp said...

M is also for Midway through A to Z!

Stephen Tremp
A to Z Cohost
M is for Movies

mail4rosey said...

The artist inspiring the writer, that's cool. :) Have a great 'M' Day. :)

Maurice Mitchell said...

What a wonderful surprise Tyrean! I'm humbled and grateful. :: hugs ::

Maria Zannini said...

I just 'met' Madeleine recently and keeping her on my blog feeder for when she returns.

Tyrean Martinson said...

They are great to get to know. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes! Midway - hooray!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You to, Rosey!

Tyrean Martinson said...

*hugs* back! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Her posts are always short, sweet, and full of kick. :)

M Pax said...

I know everyone but Madeline. :)

Nick Wilford said...

Top choices! Madeline and Milo are flying the flag for flash fiction in fantastic style.

cleemckenzie said...

Must get busy and visit more people. I think I know so many and then new ones pop up!

Milo James Fowler said...

You're too kind, Tyrean -- thanks for the shout-out!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Some more great bloggers. I'm celebrating having a nice day for a change instead of clouds or rain.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I think you'd like her flash and hint fiction, Mary. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

They definitely are!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I know how you feel, C. Lee. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Nice days are wonderful!

Jeff Chapman said...

I like the muffin commando idea. Actually I like anything to do with muffins, especially chocolate and blueberry. Celebrating a sunny, warm day here.

Madeline Jane said...

I don't know any of these bloggers, except Madeline. But she does have a great blog, and a great name. ;)

Kathe W. said...

thanks for visiting my blog- I have to comment here as you are on Google Plus where I am not able to comment! Celebrations is a great theme!

Emily R. King said...

Thanks for introducing me to Milo, and I love Madeline's blog too!

Lynda R Young said...

I know two of the three. I'll have to visit the one I'm unfamiliar with.

SA Larsenッ said...

Thank you for sharing these bloggers! I know Maurice, but don't know the others. I'll check them out. :)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

Thanks for highlighting these bloggers. They are all new to me. I love the idea of Write1Sub1.

Scribbles From Jenn - Visiting from the A to Z Challenge

Melanie Schulz said...

I've read some of Milo's work, and I agree, he's a great writer.