Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A to Z: L Celebrations

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

Laura Clipson is a part of the Celebrate the Small Things hop, and she always reminds me to have gratitude for holidays, vacations, good work, time with family, writing done, and goals moving forward, along with movies and books. She's a really wonderful blogger to follow.


Lexa Cain is the host of Celebrate the Small Things these days (taking it over from the amazing Viklit), and she is an excellent writer, encourager, and all-around great person to hang out with in the blogging world. She celebrates all sorts of good things on a weekly basis and shares her writing and publishing journey. Her novel, Soul Cutter, is currently only 99 cents, and her short story, Biggun just came out.

Lori Machlaughlin is another Celebrator of Small Things (see a pattern here?), and she is celebrating A to Z with her favorite characters from film and fiction. Her posts share her writing journey to publication, and the way she tackles characterization, world-building, and plot. Her first book just came out: Lady, Thy Name is Trouble.

LG Keltner is a co-host of Celebrate the Small Things, and she has wonderful celebrations every week with her family, her writing, and all of life. She writes flash fiction regularly and is a wonderfully kind blogger.

Who or what are you celebrating today?

And . . . because I'm going through the photos I took of last weekend - don't you just love the way Light sparkles on water?
Gig Harbor Paddle Cup 2015 - my daughter in a high kneel canoe in the foreground

24 comments:

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

Thanks so much, Tyrean, for the shout out! Makes me want to celebrate my blogging friends even more. :) Lovely photo. The water looks very silvery.

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome and thank you, Lori!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for posting the photo.
I know all four awesome ladies.

Lexa Cain said...

Woohoo! The "L" ladies from Celebrate the Small Things rock! Thanks so much for the shout-out, Tyrean. You're such a sweetheart!!! <3

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome, Alex!

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome! :)

jaybird said...

Great photo and nice picks for the blog highlights!! The water is so sparkly it makes me excited for the warm weather to come around again.

L.G. Keltner said...

Thanks for the shout out! You're awesome!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Oh my goodness! Your house is packed solid today - these four ladies keep me interested and inspired. I would not be able to put them in any order because I enjoy them equally!

Haven't been in a canoe in centuries - I'd probably drown!

cleemckenzie said...

These are great bloggers to visit! Love Lexa and see her a lot.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I feel really thankful for the sunshine. It's still not super warm, but it's nice.

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I don't think I could really put them in order - it's random. :)

And, although I don't think you would drown - the racing high kneel canoes are seriously tippy.

Tyrean Martinson said...

which means . . . I don't go in them.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, they are!

Donna McDine said...

Yep, celebrating the small things turns into a lot to be grateful for. Love the post and the image! I'm celebrating my birthday today along with my twin sister!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy Birthday, Donna and happy birthday to your sister! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Happy Birthday, Donna and happy birthday to your sister! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Liesel K. Hill said...

I'm celebrating being alive through this terrible wind/snow storm we're having in Utah! :D Beautiful picture, btw! My brother went on his mission to Washington and loved Gig Harbor.

Christine Rains said...

Wonderful L bloggers! I'm celebrating my son's fabulous preschool teacher, Rachel Lobring. He wants her to be his "forever teacher." :)

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, the water looks stunning in that picture! Also, hurray for celebrations! I've been following Lexa for a while, and I agree, she's awesome. :)

TheCyborgMom said...

Love our "Celebrate the Small Things" bloggers! All of these ladies are wonderful!
Katie @TheCyborgMom

Sharon Marie Himsl said...

Hi, Tyrean. Awesome bloggers....ones I know and have enjoyed! I'm celebrating getting out of town today (need a break :). Especially fond of Gig Harbor....did a lot of boating there as a girl and where my dad's ashes were strewn. Paddle Cup sure looks fun.
Inventions by Women A-Z
Shells–Tales–Sails

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

Highlighting authors/bloggers is a very nice idea for the a-z. You must have done some research! I've been slow getting back with visitors to my blog. This is my 4th year with the a-z and about this time, I start getting backed up! Thank you for popping in my blog - it's nice to find you. I love finding other believers in the blogosphere!