Monday, April 13, 2015

A to Z: K Celebrations

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:


Katie – Cyborg Mom is an inspiring lady who enthusiastically tackles every challenge with cheer. She makes me smile, and she makes me think. I totally recommend getting to know her. Her dog is helping her with the challenge this year, and the posts are anywhere from "aww" to LOL. :)

Karen Lange is a wonderful wordsmith and is full of enthusiasm and kindness. She writes wonderful posts about writing, life, and blogging. :) Here she is on twitter and facebook. (Originally, when I wrote this post, I couldn't get her blog to link right, but I think it's all there now and it was my lack of tech.)


And, I'm celebrating a little bit of Paddler's Cup 2015, a weekend-long event - it kind of fits "K":

Line-up for the 10k race for high kneel canoe, kayak, and stand-up paddle-boards.
Seconds after the start! (all that whitewater is from the paddles hitting the water hard)


More pics of celebrations from that event coming on Friday for Celebrate the Small Things.
(I'm sunburned and tired today and I need to sort photos . . . which reminds me, the two pics above are either by the talented Jolin Bevin or Cathy Kasperbauer or Scott - volunteer team photographers)


What are you celebrating today? And did you have a good weekend?

42 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Karen is an awesome person.
Glad it was a fun weekend. Sorry about the sunburn though. I would've fried to a crisp.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Had a great weekend. Looks like the season is off to a fast start.

cleemckenzie said...

This event looks like a heck of a good time. I love to kayak.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I usually don't burn, but I forgot to put sunscreen on my face on Saturday, and then forgot again on Sunday morning - and although I was mostly on the dock, i was still pretty close the sun getting reflected off the water. The rest of me didn't get burned though, because it was double-layer weather for spectators.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Yes, it is. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

It is a great time! I didn't compete in the kayak races, but I think they are fun. :)

Shelley Sly said...

You are so kind, Tyrean, to feature so many other people on your blog regularly. :) Kayaking looks fun; I've never tried it.

Michelle Wallace said...

Looks like you had loads of fun, Tyrean!
Happy K-Day!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I love Karen's blog too. I'm just enjoying working at home today.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Shelley! Kayaking is really fun! I have only raced once, but just being out on the water is wonderful. I highly recommend trying it someday - sea kayaking, anyway. I've never river-kayaked - it involves rolling the boat on purpose.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I did. Thanks, Michelle!

Tyrean Martinson said...

That's great, Natalie!

TheCyborgMom said...

Thank you for the kind words Tyrean! What a wonderful surprise your blog was for me today! :D
TheCyborgMom

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Sunburns are not fun, but I do hope you enjoyed your time out there!

Elizabeth Mueller
AtoZ 2015
My Little Pony

SHANAYA TALES said...

Kayaking is something that I have always wanted to do, but never got around to. I hope to change that this summer. Looks like you had a lot of fun. :)
*Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

Tyrean Martinson said...

You're welcome!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It was definitely fun!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Kayaking is super fun! I highly recommend it - especially sea kayaking.

Karen Lange said...

Thanks Alex! Back at cha! :)

Karen Lange said...

Aww Tyrean, you are so sweet! This is a nice surprise! Thanks so much for the mention. I am honored to be a part of your A to Z post. We really must do lunch sometime! :) After we work out the distance logistics. xo

Joanne Sisco said...

I love your squad name - Muffin Commandos!! That sounds like the type of group I would want to belong to. Do you have serve treats? ;)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sounds like fun! I wish we could. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Virtual muffins! :)

Nick Wilford said...

Seen a few kayaks around today! That looks pretty exciting.

Mark Means said...

My wife love kayaking and is still trying to convert me :) Looks like you have quite a lot of thing to celebrate and that's always a good thing.

Donna McDine said...

Enjoyed kayaking last September with my girlfriend, daughter and her friends as we celebrated their 16th birthdays!

Liz A. said...

I'm just coming off spring break, so it was kind of a long weekend...

Kristin Smith said...

What a great theme! I love it when writers/bloggers spotlight other writers/bloggers! I'll have to check out Karen and Katie's blogs. :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Tyrean,

Fun theme! Love the pics... it's amazing how choppy that water is after the paddles hit the scene....

Nice to see/meet some new bloggers... Thanks for featuring Katie and Karen.... I haven't visited Karen in Ages.... need to drop by her blog...

~Sia McKye~ said...

Some good "K" bloggers. I'm not a fan of Kayaking or canoeing--hubs is tho. :-) Today I'm celebrating getting to the end of my day with some brain power left over, lol! It's been a long two weeks.

Sia McKye Over Coffee

Tyrean Martinson said...

It is!

Tyrean Martinson said...

It's super fun and yes, lots of things to celebrate!

Tyrean Martinson said...

That sounds like a great birthday party! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

That's nice. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great! Thank you.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Michael!

Tyrean Martinson said...

I understand about the brain power. :)

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I love the writings of Katie and Karen.
Great post, Tyrean :)

Mark Koopmans said...

Fun pictures... looks like a fun day was had by all (way too much water activity for me... I love looking at it, but don't do much on it :)

lorilmaclaughlin.com said...

I haven't done a lot of kayaking, but the small amount I've done has been fun. I hope your sunburn is better! I enjoy Katie's blog. I'll have to go check out Karen's.

Karen Lange said...

Thanks Dixie! :)

Karen Lange said...

Thanks Natalie, always enjoy visiting your blog too!