Friday, April 10, 2015

A to Z: I Celebrations! and Celebrate the Small Things!

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

The IWSG Website, Facebook Page, and Hop!

Started by the Ninja Captain, it's grown to be an awesome support group of writers that spans the globe! If you aren't a part of it, join now! It's the best place to find encouragement, support, and help!

Plus, the IWSG book is free!



In addition to IWSG, these are a few small things that I'm celebrating this week:

1. Spring break from co-op next week - time to catch up on grading.
2. I finish test proctoring today - it's as fun as it sounds. :) Actually, I'm test proctoring third graders this year - the first year that home-school kids annually test in Washington state - and they are a pretty fun bunch.
3. I'm looking forward to this weekend - Paddle Cup in Gig Harbor with a special Rockin' Paddle Cup banquet and auction to raise money for our team boats and international athletes. I might even capture a few pics of my kids kayaking and canoeing - when I'm not volunteering at various parts of the event. There will also be some Stand-Up Paddle-board races and Dragonboat races.
4. I've done terribly on my long-term projects so far this month, but I have a short story underway and some "side" stuff that I'm working on that will go into one of my long-term projects.


What or who are you celebrating today?

18 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks for mentioning the IWSG!
Take pictures of the Dragonboats. I'd like to see those.

Sarah Foster said...

I've seen the IWSG mentioned a lot today!
Have fun this weekend!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Of course! :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!
And, thanks, Sarah!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Yay for the IWSG. I've seen it everywhere today, so it obviously means a lot to people.

Short stories are great!

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Tyrean Martinson said...

Short stories are fun to write . . . or challenging, depending on the story. :)

Zannie Shaman said...

what a fab theme for the month. I have seen such a variety of themes as I dip around the challenge

Mark Koopmans said...

Celebrating is so much better for the soul than wishing things could be better :)

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with those home-schoolers, so God bless you for that! (I admire anyone involved in home-schooling... I tried it and it was a complete disaster !!)

Have fun on the high seas :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks for mention IWSG and 'the best free writers craft' book in the world! Enjoy your break and holding you to the pictures.

cleemckenzie said...

I'm enjoying getting through week two of the challenge. So I'm celebrating that.

Lexa Cain said...

You mean proctoring isn't fun? Haha! Good luck with the short story writing and side stuff and have a wonderful time at the banquet and auction! :)

TheCyborgMom said...

Part of my celebrations today are my Emmie girl, of course! She's doing a great job helping with the A to Z! I'm also looking forward to some sunshine weather this weekend...rain rain go away!
TheCyborgMom

Dixie@dcrelief said...

I'm thinking to join IWSG in May. Definitely photo the Dragonboats!!!

Enjoy your break.

Liz A. said...

You just came up in my A to Z list!

What am I celebrating? I don't know. Perhaps that I finally got a hair cut. It had gotten way too long.

Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

AJ Lauer said...

Today.. Celebrating.. That my prep for next week's surgery is going really well. Also that I'm still allowed to drink wine at this point in the prep :)
Happy Friday!
~AJ Lauer
an A-Z Cohost
@ayjaylauer on Twitter

Heather R. Holden said...

Wow, you sound busy. Best of luck with everything! Hopefully that short story of yours won't give you too much trouble...

M.R. R. said...

Enjoy your weekend, and good luck.

Tanya Miranda said...

IWSG is an awesome group of people. Definitely worth a celebration!