Saturday, April 4, 2015

A to Z: D Celebrations

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style. At the end of the month, I'll have a blogaversary celebration with giveaways . . . 

Today, I'm celebrating:

One non-blogger - my sister-in-law Lynn. She is one amazing lady, completely dedicated to her faith, her husband, and her work. Lynn's husband, Gary, has MS. During our family vacation to Whistler, B.C. this last week, Gary had to be taken by ambulance to a Vancouver, B.C. hospital. Lynn is staying nearby in a hotel. They won't be able to celebrate Easter in their home church this year, but the amazing thing about Lynn and Gary is that I know that they will still celebrate Easter and all that it means tomorrow, despite all circumstances. 

DC Relief, a new blogging buddy, an excellent poet, a dedicated writer, battle of the bands player, and a wonderful part of the Celebrate the Small Things blog hop. I highly recommend getting to know this sweet blogger!

DL Hammons, a writer who embodies perseverance, and the starter of the Blitz and Write Club! He's currently looking for Write Club readers, and if you don't know him, you should stop by and meet him. He's sure to inspire you!


Damyanti, a blogger dedicated to helping writers and encouraging others, and the author of several short stories, including the collection A to Z Stories of Life and Death










And last for today, Donna M. McDine, one of my fellow members of the Muffin Commando Squad! She's an award-winning children's author and this is one of her latest books, A Sandy Grave, which has won 1st place in picture books 6 and older in the 2014 Purple Dragonfly Awards, The Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014 Award! and Story Monster Approval 2014. Wow!  

Who or what are you celebrating today? Who inspires you?

And, Happy Easter!!! He is Risen!

21 comments:

jaybird said...

Sending all my best to your sister in law Lynn and her husband Gary. They sound like two amazing people. It's so hard to be away from home on the holidays.

We will be celebrating Easter with our church family, as well as a ton of family in my house. This is the best time of year, if you ask me. So much to be thankful and grateful for!

Christine Rains said...

Great D bloggers and non-blogger! :) Have a happy Easter.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Jaybird. It is a wonderful time of the year, with so much to be thankful for.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Christine! Happy Easter!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Excellent choices!
Sorry Gary and Lynn will have to be in the hospital tomorrow, but church is wherever two people are gathered in His name.
Have a Blessed Easter!

cleemckenzie said...

Great people you've posted about today! Sorry to hear about your family. Hope Gary's health improves and quickly. Thoughts with you and yours.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Alex. And yes, it's wherever we are. Happy Easter!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, C. Lee!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm celebrating with my local writing group. It's always upbeat and inspiring.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Cool!

Patricia Lynne said...

It looks like I'm over the hump on my cold, so I'm going to celebrate that today. Breathing is great!

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

Alana said...

It's always a wonderful thing to call out people in your life who are amazing. We will be celebrating Easter tomorrow with in laws, including my husband's last living aunt - she is 103 years old and an amazing woman. Can't wait to see her!

Cortney Pearson said...

Happy Easter!! I love these shout-outs, just checked out each of their blogs!

Margo Kelly said...

HA! We have the same theme! I am also celebrating wonderful authors and bloggers this month. :) We did not duplicate our letter D.

Annalisa Crawford said...

Sorry to hear your brother in law is poorly - hope he gets well soon.

I have a busy weekend ahead with unexpected guests. Happy Easter to you!

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Sarah said...

I'm enjoying getting to find new bloggers through your A to Z posts - they are great!

Beth Ellyn Summer said...

meeting so many wonderful bloggers from A-Z...great D post! :)

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Tyrean, I'll keep Lynn and Gary in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your Easter is filled with love and joy.

Thank you mentioning me in your "D" day post. I'm so grateful, and very happy I met you. (smile).

Click said...

Happy Easter.

Sounds like you've got lots of things to be celebrating. This weekend we're celebrating buying a new car! Lots to be happy about. :-)

Cait @ Click's Clan

Nick Wilford said...

Hoping for a speedy recovery for Gary. Don and Damyanti are excellent bloggers. Hopping over to meet DC!

Michelle Wallace said...

I know Don (Write Club) and Damyanti who writes exquisite flash fiction!
I met Donna recently.
Hoping your brother-in-law's health improves.
Happy Easter!