Friday, April 3, 2015

A to Z: C Celebrations and Celebrate the Small Things

A to Z is here! For more info - click that link!

I'm part of the Muffin Commando Squad! C. Lee Mckenzie (leader extraordinaire), Carrie ButlerYvonne VentrescaDonna McDinePatricia LynneTara Tyler, andTammy Theriault.

IMy theme is celebrations! All month long, I'll be celebrating authors and bloggers who have inspired me with their determination, spunk, and style.

Today, I'm celebrating:

C. Lee Mckenzie, Muffin Commando Leader, blogger, and extraordinary MG and YA author! I've only read four of C. Lee's books, but every time I do, they make me understand the human heart a little more. C. Lee has a way of creating beauty in the midst of the messy lives of her flawed but wonderful characters. I highly recommend reading all of her books, but for now, I'd like to highlight her latest: The Great Time-Lock Disaster.

And, I would like to celebrate:

Cathrina Constantine, blogger, New Yorker, and author of YA dystopian, and paranormal novels! If you visit Cathrina at her blog, you will be greeted with warmth and sweetness. If you read one of her novels, you'll find gritty world-building with hope offered for her complex characters  . . . if they grasp it with both hands. Check out her latest novel: Don't Forget to Breathe.




For Celebrate the Small Things, I'm also celebrating:
1. Figuring out my new newsletter via mailchimp - sign up on the right hand side of the blog, if you are interested.
2. Whistler vacation with extended family - a little different this year, but good.
3. Getting hosted for an interview for Indie Author April. 
4. I had two new hint stories published at Espresso Stories! (These stories were rejected last month, I re-subbed them, and they found a home! They didn't take "Dying Balloons" so it's been rejected three times so far, and I'm not sure if I know of anymore hint fiction markets.) If you have thirty seconds, check out:  "Suburban Spring" and "My Dad's Instructions."

Who/what are you celebrating today?




17 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations on the two stories!
Lee is awesome - I am visiting her today. And I featured Constantine as well.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, Alex! Great feature. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm celebrating making it through two days of A to Z and having most of the family together for Easter.

Patricia Lynne said...

Congrats on the two stories!
C. Lee is a great muffin leader.

~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
Member of C. Lee's Muffin Commando Squad
Story Dam
Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

cleemckenzie said...

Thanks for the kind words, Tyrean. I was blown away. Loved finding your post with both Cathrina! and me included.

Will stop in at Indie Authors and take a look at your latest flash fiction! Hurray for you, girl.

cleemckenzie said...

This is a p.s. I read your Suburban Spring and My Dad's Instructions. Voted! You get a 5 on those. They are great. Really.

randi lee said...

Congratulations on the stories, Tyrean!! And I love Cathrina Constantine. She's an amazing author and blogger and always seems to be giving back to the community.

Lexa Cain said...

Lee and Cathrina are so wonderful - it's awesome you highlighted them here. Congrats on figuring out Mailchimp. I don't know what a "whistler" vacay is but seeing extended family is always fun. Yay for getting interviewed! I read your stories and especially loved the contrast with the jasmine blossoms. Clever!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Two great bloggers!

I am celebrating having two days off work, and also having an Easter egg waiting for me in the cupboard :-)

Annalisa, writing A-Z vignettes, at Wake Up, Eat, Write, Sleep

Heather R. Holden said...

C. Lee and Cathrina are awesome. Very cool to see them both featured here today! :)

Also, congrats on the interview, and the hint story publications! Off to check those out now...

Cathrina Constantine said...

Tyrean, thank you for such kind words!!! And all the comments here are extremely nice, I'm blushing! Thank You Again!!!

Lynda R Young said...

A great theme! Congrats to Lee and Cathrina!

M. J. Joachim said...

What a neat theme you have, Tyrean:) I enjoy visiting Lee and Cathrina's blogs very much. Both are wonderful ladies and it's nice to see you celebrate them here today. Congrats on getting your stories published in Espresso too!

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Tyrean - two of my favorite authors! What a great A-Z theme. (I think I said that yesterday).

happy weekend, Easter, if you celebrate (smile).

A GAL NEEDS said...

First of all, why wait until the huge things happen to celebrate? Everyday is a great time to celebrate! But next, congrats, truly, on finding homes for your stories! Yay!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Thanks, C. Lee!!!

Michelle Wallace said...

I enjoy both Lee and Cathrina's blogs!
Two great ladies!